Date(s) - 03/19/2019 - 03/21/2019
The Whitehall Hotel
With E&Ps making great strides in the integration and application of data analytics techniques to improve business value and decision-making, I thought you’d be interested in the Applied Data Analytics (ADA) Upstream conference helping accelerate analytics results. Hosted in Houston this March 18-21, it uniquely bridges the Business-IT-Data gap to enhance the value of data to drive upstream value.
By attending ADA Upstream 2019, you’ll hear from 30+ leaders from Engineering, IT and Data at operators including Apache Corporation, Anadarko,BP, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, CNX, Devon Energy, Equinor, Schlumberger, and R Lacy.
We’re excited to announce that the 2019 program includes nine use cases, from the likes of:
- Detlef Hohl, Chief Scientist Computation & Data Science at Shell, focusing on techniques for upskilling the business side to tackle the shortage of subject matter experts needed to qualify data
- David Fulford, Senior Reservoir Engineer at Apache Corporation, promoting Bayesian methods and a new approach to algorithm and model design to overcome outliers and inverse model problems
- Brent Haas, Vice President Engineering at R Lacy, exploring data mining options to overcome data sparsity in new upstream areas.
- Melinda East, Leader Data Quality Management and Alex De Sousa, Head of Business IT at Equinor, revealing how Equnior have beenembedding analytics collaboration into the core of all IT and Engineering workflows.
- Christopher Olsen, Data Scientist – Advanced Analytics at ConocoPhillips, demonstrating how Machine and Deep Learning techniquesutilizing historical data from Surmount have forecasted oil and water production in Canada.
In addition, there will be a day of Technical Analytics Skills Workshops as well as a ‘Data Architecture & Management’ Focus Day to hone modelling skills and explore strategies to improve data integrity, standards and governance within your company.
This is a unique opportunity to benchmark with other E&Ps, discover new analytics tools and techniques, along with improving the IT/business integration. Take a look at the brochure here and let me know if you have any questions.
We’re offering a 10% discount to DAMA members for you to attend, you can register online and redeem your discount using ‘DAMA10’ here.
P.s. We can also offer up to 20% discount for group bookings – Contact me to find out more.
Program Director – Applied Data Analytics Upstream